Markov to Excel Conversion
TreeAge Pro 2017, R1 introduced the capability to convert a TreeAge Pro Markov cohort model to a working stand-alone Excel model with a single mouse click. Click here to see a short demo.
This gives you the ability to do the following:
- Build a model quickly and efficiently in TreeAge Pro, then share the model with someone who prefers the Excel format.
- Incorporate feedback into the model by editing it in TreeAge Pro, and re-exporting it to Excel.
- Validate TreeAge Pro calculations by exporting a model to Excel and reviewing the formulas.
- Validate an Excel model by recreating it in TreeAge Pro then exporting the model to Excel for an apples-to-apples comparison.
Exported Excel model include:
- Editable model inputs to test different data scenarios.
- All calculations required for Markov Cohort Analysis, providing full transparency for how TreeAge Pro performs the analysis.
- Comparison of strategies via cost-effectiveness analysis.
This capability will ultimately be sold as a separate component which extends the functionality of the basic TreeAge Pro Healthcare product. However from January to December 2017 the alpha version of this component will be made available free of charge on request to license holders running TreeAge Pro Healthcare 2017 who meet the criteria below:
- Corporate, Non-Profit, Government or Full Academic license (no student licenses).
- Active Annual License or Standard License with Active Maintenance.
- Access will expire on the earlier of January 2018 or your License or Maintenance expiration date.
Here are some links to help you get started with this new capability.
- Click here to see a longer online demonstration.
- Click here for instructions on how to update your software and license to access this capability.
Our goal is to provide a mechanism to export a standard Markov Cohort model from TreeAge Pro to Excel, not to recreate every advanced feature within our software. Therefore, there will be advanced features and analyses available in TreeAge Pro that cannot be converted to the Excel model.
|Currently Supported by Conversion
||Not Currently Supported
|Markov models (1 per strategy)
||Other model structures
|Complex numeric expressions
|Nested variable definitions
|Markov Cohort Analysis
|Cost-effectiveness analysis rankings
| Within-cycle correction
| Cloned subtrees